Built-In NMVTIS Reports
Whether you need them for state compliance reasons or just to enhance customer confidence,
our NMVTIS title and vehicle history reports from AutoDataDirect are accurate, affordable and updated nightly.
Reliable title information.
The National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) is the federal government’s official database of thorough title,
branding, salvage/loss and insurance histories. Not only is it one of the most affordable vehicle history reports available,
but its records are highly accurate and generally updated more frequently than privately collected vehicle history reports.
Satisfies state regulations.
As consumer protection laws expand into the used car marketplace, many states are considering adding NMVTIS checks to the list
of mandatory procedures dealers must perform before selling a vehicle.
As of July 1, 2012, California dealers must run NMVTIS reports on all used vehicles before displaying them for sale.
If a report finds that a vehicle “is or has been a junk automobile or a salvage automobile or the vehicle has been
reported as a junk automobile or a salvage automobile by a junk yard, salvage yard, or insurance carrier...or the
certificate of title contains a brand,” a red NMVTIS warning label must be affixed to the vehicle near the buyer’s guide.
Useful at the auctions.
Even if your state doesn’t require you to make these reports available to consumers, they can be used as a low-cost
reference for your auction purchases.
- Uses your pre-loaded VINs to look up vehicle reports right inside DeskManager
- Just $1 per successful history report for California dealers
- Just $2.50 per successful history report for dealers outside California
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) reports available
- No monthly fees or minimum volume
- Print or email reports
- Order warning stickers from your account rep for 50 cents each
- Vehicle reports updated nightly