Exporting to QuickBooks ActiveX issue in Vista
While trying to initiate an export from DeskManager to QuickBooks you may receive the following error:
After clicking OK
on the error message, DeskManager may become unresponsive and eventually shutdown.
This issue is caused by security settings in Vista.
- If you have not yet done so, download and install the QuickBooks Interface program:
- Save this file to your desktop and double-click on it to install it.
- Right-click on the DeskManager shortcut on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Locate the Privilege Level section at the bottom of the dialog and make sure that Run this
program as an administrator is unchecked.
- Click on the button below this section labelled Show settings for all users.
- Make sure that Run this program as an administrator is unchecked on this dialog as well.
- Click Apply and then OK to close both dialogs.