Tracker™ data conversion Instructions
Before attempting to import any information from Tracker™ into DeskManager it is
strongly recommended that you backup your data.
Convert and Import Tracker™ data files into DeskManager
- Log in to DeskManager.
- From the main menu, click File->Import/Export->Import from Tracker.
This will launch the Tracker™ data conversion program.
- In order for your data to be imported correctly, the Tracker™ data conversion
program needs to know several things:
- Application Folder: The Tracker™ data conversion program will attempt to locate
the default Tracker™ installation folder, or C:\Program Files\Trk.
If your Tracker™ program is not installed in the location displayed here,
click the Browse button and locate the correct folder where Tracker™ is installed.
- Data Folder: The Tracker™ data conversion program will again attempt to locate
the default Tracker™ data folder. If you chose a different location than
the default data folder when you installed Tracker™, click the Browse
button and locate the correct folder for your Tracker™ data.
- Images: Finally, the Tracker™ data conversion program will attempt to locate the
default folder used for vehicle images added to Tracker™. If you chose a
different location than the default images folder when you installed
Tracker™, click the Browse button and locate the correct folder for
your vehicle images.
- Import only Active Records: Check this box to only import items that are
currently still considered "Active" by the Tracker™ software. Closed
accounts will not be imported if this is checked.
- All accounts with sales date after: Check this box and select a date to
only import accounts with a sales date on or after the selected date.
Any accounts with an earlier sales date will not be imported.
- Stock #: To only import a specific stock number, enter that stock number here.
- Account #: To only import a specific account number, enter that account number here.
- Field Mapping: This option is only available when a valid Tracker™ account
number has been entered. This will allow you change how Tracker™ data is
imported into WebManager by changing the mapping for select fields. To
change what data will be imported into a particular DeskManager field,
double-click on the DeskManager field description and then double-click the
Tracker™ field you want to assign to it.
- Once you have verified the above information and you are ready to import your
Tracker™ data, click on Begin Data Transfer. When the conversion is complete,
the number of records that were transferred will be displayed, along with
whether any records were skipped.
AutoManager has been advised that Finance Express LLC asserts ownership of certain trademarks including
"Tracker", "Tracker DMS", "Tracker Suite", "Deal Trace", and "Finance Express." AutoManager is not affiliated with or otherwise
related to Finance Express LLC. Nor is AutoManager’s DeskManager endorsed or sponsored by Finance Express LLC.